Before starting work at TravelLab last year this is definitely a question I would have asked too – in the age of the Internet with all the information in the world at your fingertips, why would you need to use a travel agent? So just in case you were wondering the same thing, here is a short article sharing our top reasons why you should consider us when planning your next holiday…
1. Price – Whether your budget is £10,000 or £150 you always want (and deserve!) to get the most value for your money. We partner with almost all major tour operators & popular travel companies, and our strong relationships with them means that we can offer the best prices and discounts so that you’re always getting the best value from your hard-earned holiday fund. A common misconception is that we take the same holidays you find online, add some commission to them and then sell them on. This isn’t the case. 99 times out of 100, if you find a holiday deal online, we can beat or at least match the price. Not only that, but using us means that you don’t have to cough up your full holiday fund straight away like you do when booking a lot of holidays online. Pay an initial deposit and then choose to pay off your balance whenever is convenient before your balance is due prior to your departure.
2. Expertise – We don’t expect you to have heard of every brilliant destination and incredible resort in the world, but it’s our job to! Got somewhere specific in mind, then brilliant; if not, tell us what sort of thing you’re looking for and you could end up travelling to a part of the world you’d never even heard of before! Between our small team we’ve been to 93 countries worldwide, and we can share our knowledge and experiences with you, to ensure you’re going to have the best time possible.
3. Ease – No one wants to spend hours looking online for the cheapest deal, or the best time of year to go somewhere, so we do all of that for you. We also process the payments, pick the seats you like, check you in and print your boarding passes; the only thing we don’t do is turn up to the airport for you! We’ve also just won a National High Street Agent of the Year award as well, so we must be doing something right!
4. Range – The tour operator partners that we work with cover every type of holiday you could possibly imagine, and more… Beach breaks, ski trips, guided group tours, rail journeys, cruises, road trips – you name it, we do it! So whether you want to lie on a beach in Cuba, hike up Mt Everest, go on safari in South Africa, spend a romantic weekend in Venice, or do a round the world cruise, we can help.
5. Support – Our friendly, local, expert team is here to handle any issues you may have and the fact that we’re ATOL protected, means that you’re covered in case of any major problems or cancellations. We also employ local people and offer plenty to the local community.
So with all of the above in mind, why wouldn’t you support your local travel agent?!