Vakarufalhi is not a big seller for the UK but it should be. A fabulous house reef and a true Maldivian feel make this a superb choice.
Vakarufalhu is in the South Ari Atoll, 90 km from Male International Airport. The journey is a 25-minute flight by seaplane from the airport followed by a 10-minute ride in a traditional dhoni boat.
Vakarufalhi offers 25 modern Water villas and 45 Beach villas, 4 Garden villas and a Pool Villa Suite in its own contemporary style overlooking the pristine crystal clear lagoon & the Indian Ocean.
Beach Villas – Individual bungalows that are spread out across the island and are surrounded by lush tropical flora and fauna. All these Maldivian style beach villas are topped off with its very own secluded private beach.
Over Water Villas – Are over tranquil azure ocean and are spacious, each with an extra-large bedroom and bathroom with a separate walk-in closet. The villas are also equipped with retractable windows which open the room up to spectacular views of the stunning Maldivian ocean and deck. The bed of the villa also faces the stunning views of the ocean.
The Pool Villa Suite is situated with a view of the lagoon and the sea. The suite consists of two separate double bedrooms, a living room and a shared private plunge pool. The bedroom offers all the facilities of a beach villa with a spacious bathroom open to the villas private garden and a separate large open shower. The complete pool villa suite is surrounded by a wall for absolute privacy. This is an ideal room for a family.
Restaurants and Bars
Vakarufalhi, Maldives offers International buffets with a wide array of choices served at the Ilaa Dining Room.
Ilaa – An open thatched roof restaurant located on an extended wooden deck and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is a wide variety of British, French, Italian and Mediterranean food on offer. The pasta & pizza offerings are particularly popular and as are the range of sinful desserts.
The Ihaa Bar – Offering a wide variety of international cocktails and beverages. The Vaka Vaka, our signature cocktail is must try. A line up of evening entertainment awaits you daily, ensuring that you are entertained throughout the duration of your visit. The Ihaa Bar also offers al fresco dining on a deck overlooking the lagoon serving you carefully crafted beverages and snacks. The perfect place to sip a thoughtfully prepared drink and unwind to the sight and sounds of the beautiful ocean. The bar also provides other entertainment and the barman definitely keeps you enthralled as he artfully juggles your cocktail to the beats of our very own in-house DJs.
Leisure and Sports Facilities
- Vakarufalhi Island Resort affords a versatile range of facilities and services designed to make every day of your stay as hassle-free as possible. All these resources will let you enjoy a relaxing or invigorating holiday in Maldives.
- Duniye Spa – offers Balinese and Oriental massages, plus an array of beauty treatments
- SCUBA Diving Centre – provides guided boat trips, night snorkelling trips, diving equipment and accessories, and a complete instructional program
- Water Sport Centre – affords non-motorized water sports for windsurfers and catamaran sailors
- Excursion – includes snorkelling, island hopping, fishing, sunset cruises, and local village tours
- Fitness centre, steam room
- Wi-Fi Internet access in public areas
- Room service – from 7:30am to 11pm
- Safety deposit boxes, laundry service, shops