Occidental Grand Xcaret is one of the areas most unique resorts, with a subterranean river that forms canals through the resort’s pathways and in view of ancient Mayan ruins and miles of tropical rainforest. Tucked within an ecological and historical preserve, the resort also has a shelter cove with a wonderful beach area.There is a wide variety of facilities to keep everyone busy should they wish, and dining choices from around the world.
This is a good resort and often very very good value. It has interesting grounds that are lush. If you go thinking it is a 5-star this could lead to disappointment and it appears many continue to arrive thinking it is. Think of it as a great 4-star hotel.
The Hotel is situated adjacent to the Famous Xcaret Park, an Eco Archaeological theme park, and just 55 minutes from Cancun Airport and a mere 5 minutes from the charming Mexican Town of Playa Del Carmen.
769 spacious guest rooms incorporating stylish Mexican decor with contemporary dark-wood furniture and cool, tiled floors. Rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, bathroom with shower and private balcony.
Deluxe Rooms – have garden views.
Junior Suites are more spacious with a sitting room.
Royal Club Rooms have superior amenities, CD player, Jacuzzi tub, concierge services and exclusive-use restaurant.
Restaurants & Bars
The resort has a range of different restaurants and cuisine to choose from.
- Le Buffet – Gourmet international buffet
- Sonara Grill – Steak House
- Les Olives – Mediterranean and Italian cuisine
- Oriental – Asian specialities
- La Hacienda – Gourmet Mexican cuisine
- El Pescador – Seafood
- La Piazza – Pizzeria
- Pacos Tacos – Tacos and Mexican appetisers
- El Lago – Snacks and light meals
- Kids Club – Buffet with special kids menu
- Royal Club International Cuisine
The resort offers a choice of 14 bars and lounges on the resort grounds.
Leisure & Sports Facilities
- 5 swimming pools areas
- Man-made coves with crystal clear water
- 10 Jacuzzis
- Paddle courts
- Shuffle boards
- Mini golf
- Non motorised water sports
- Scuba clinic in pool
- Kids Club with daily entertainment programme
- Weekly cocktail party by hotels directors
- Daily multi lingual activities
- Evening entertainment