This is a good resort and often very very good value. It has interesting grounds that are lush. If you go thinking it is a 5-star this could lead to disappointment and it appears many continue to arrive thinking it is. Think of it as a great 4-star hotel.
The Hotel is situated adjacent to the Famous Xcaret Park, an Eco Archaeological theme park, and just 55 minutes from Cancun Airport and a mere 5 minutes from the charming Mexican Town of Playa Del Carmen.
769 spacious guest rooms incorporating stylish Mexican decor with contemporary dark-wood furniture and cool, tiled floors. Rooms have air conditioning, satellite TV, minibar, bathroom with shower and private balcony.
Deluxe Rooms – have garden views.
Junior Suites are more spacious with a sitting room.
Royal Club Rooms have superior amenities, CD player, Jacuzzi tub, concierge services and exclusive-use restaurant.
Restaurants & Bars
The resort has a range of different restaurants and cuisine to choose from.
- Le Buffet – Gourmet international buffet
- Sonara Grill – Steak House
- Les Olives – Mediterranean and Italian cuisine
- Oriental – Asian specialities
- La Hacienda – Gourmet Mexican cuisine
- El Pescador – Seafood
- La Piazza – Pizzeria
- Pacos Tacos – Tacos and Mexican appetisers
- El Lago – Snacks and light meals
- Kids Club – Buffet with special kids menu
- Royal Club International Cuisine
The resort offers a choice of 14 bars and lounges on the resort grounds.
Leisure & Sports Facilities
- 5 swimming pools areas
- Man-made coves with crystal clear water
- 10 Jacuzzis
- Paddle courts
- Shuffle boards
- Mini golf
- Non motorised water sports
- Scuba clinic in pool
- Kids Club with daily entertainment programme
- Weekly cocktail party by hotels directors
- Daily multi lingual activities
- Evening entertainment