The Blue Water Hotel & Spa
Offering spectacular views of the Indian Ocean, The Blue Water, Wadduwa nestles amongst wild coconut groves, the tall palms swaying in the evening breeze, lit by the last streaks of the setting sun. With a lovely flowing garden, stylish rooms, and understated elegance, this is a beautiful and relaxing property.
I love the Blue Water, it a simple yet stylish resort with clean lines. It’s one of my favourite beach hotels in Sri Lanka. It won’t suit everyone because it is chilled out and relaxing although there is a nightclub that operates Friday/Saturday if you want nightlife. There is a railway line near the entrance of the hotel but trains are pretty infrequent and I didn’t even notice. Jai.
The Blue Water is in Wadduwa, which is approximately 2 hours from the airport.
There are 100 rooms with air-conditioning, telephone, TV, tea/coffee facilities, minbar, bath and shower and a large balcony or terrace overlooking the beach.
- Standard Room – Also known as Deluxe Rooms, the rooms offer privacy and peace… indulge yourself in the warmth and luxury of spacious rooms… each with its own terrace or balcony.
- Superior Deluxe Room -understated luxury & provide all you require for a comfortable stay. These rooms are designed to create a romantic setting amid soft lighting, and uniquely placed translucent glass paned Jacuzzi compliments the romantic feel.
- Suites – Located on the top floor of the resort, suites are equipped with their very own secluded dining, living & sitting area, they bring new meaning to the word comfort… you’ll find we’ve thought of everything you need.
Restaurants & Bars
- The Seven Seas – 24-hour coffee shop where you can sample fine teas, fresh coffee or any number of the delightful treats on offer.
- Admiral’s Room – indoors or on the terrace, savour the view of the lush green fields and water fountains.
- Porthole Bar
- Cocktail Lounge & Bar
- The Clipper Bar
- Pool side bar and café
- Sea Board Deck Sports Bar
Leisure & Sports Facilities
- Swimming Pool
- Fitness Centre
- The Blue Water Spa takes a holistic approach to physical and spiritual wellbeing providing a sanctuary for the senses.