Classic British Columbia Self-Drive
This is one of our all-time favourite self-drive itineraries. From the cosmopolitan Vancouver, with it’s whale watching opportunities and foodie culture, up to the peaks of the Rocky Mountains and Lakes of western Alberta, this road trip really has everything. Itineraries vary from a basic 10 day option, right through to all-encompassing 3/4 week options, and with additional things to consider like an Alaska Cruise, a trip on the word-famous Rocky Mountaineer, there are endless possibilities for this incredible road trip!
Each trip is tailor-made by our expert team, and below is just an example. For your very own bespoke itinerary, contact our expert team who can assist in planning your road trip of epic proportions today!
– Explore Vancouver’s short history, take a walk in Stanley Park and experience Gastown and the other cosmopolitan neighbourhoods.
– Travel from coast into the mountains, with dramatic scenery that will take your breath away.
– Go walking and bear-watching in the world-famous ski resorts of Whistler and Banff.
– Catch your reflection in some of the world’s most iconic lakes, with the Rocky Mountains casting an incredible backdrop.
– Drive the twists and turns of the Icefields Parkway, which provides some of the world’s absolute best roads in the world – a road-trippers ultimate journey!
Fly into Vancouver from the UK
3 nights – Vancouver
Car Hire Collection in Downtown Vancouver
2 nights – Whistler
1 night – Kamloops
3 nights – Jasper
3 nights – Banff or Lake Louise
Car Hire Drop Off at Calgary International Airport
Fly back to the UK from Calgary
Please note – there are direct flights to Vancouver from London and Manchester, and to Calgary from only London – others will include a connection.
Extension / Add-On Options
Stay Longer – the most simple way of extending the trip – simply add more nights in at these amazing destinations.
Vancouver Island – take the short hop on the ferry over to Vancouver Island for unrivalled wildlife-spotting possibilities. Home to Victoria, Tofino, Ucluelet, Campbell River, and more, Vancouver Island is a great addition to any British Columbia trip.
The Rocky Mountaineer – Kick back and relax on one of the most iconic rail journeys in the world. Travel anywhere between Lake Louise and Seattle in ultimate luxury on a rail journey you will never forget.
Alaska Cruise – add in an Alaskan cruise up the most stunning stretch of coastline that North America has to offer. Make it a round trip to Vancouver, or disembark in Alaska to continue your adventure!