MS Hamees Nile Cruise
One of the largest and most luxurious ships to cruise the Nile, MS Hamees provides a truly memorable journey along Egypt’s mighty river from Luxor to Aswan. This 7 night cruise is an ideal way to experience some of Egypt’s most scenic and historical sights, all in complete comfort, with top facilities and attentive staff.
MS Hamees also operates a 3 night cruise option from Aswan to Luxor and a 4 night cruise option from Luxor to Aswan. Each of the cruise options can be combined with other areas of Egypt, with a range of extensions available.
- Seven night Nile cruise
- See the magnificent temples of Karnak and Luxor
- Discover the well-preserved temple of Horus and the temple of Kom Ombo
- Visit the High Dam of Aswan, an amazing feat of engineering
- Explore the Philae Temple, set on an island in the Nile
- Optional sail in a felucca
- Optional excursion to Abu Simbel by air
- Visit the ancient sights of Luxor’s West Bank including the Valley of the Kings
This is the same company that operates the MS Sunray and the MS Darakum, both excellent 5-Star ships known for great service and management, beautiful cabins and facilities on board, great food & beverage and a wonderful overall experience. So you are in great hands.
WEEKLY every Monday.
Cairo & Cruise: WEEKLY every Friday.
DAY 1 LUXOR
On arrival transfer to the MS Hamees. Overnight in Luxor.
DAY 2 LUXOR to ESNA
Morning visit to the West Bank with sights including the Valley of the Kings, the Temple of Hatshepsut and the Colossi of Memnon. This afternoon, sail to Esna and stay overnight.
DAY 3 ESNA to ASWAN
Sail to Edfu and on to Kom Ombo. Visit the temple in Kom Ombo, an unusual double temple dedicated to the crocodile god, Sobek, and the falcon god, Horus. Sail onwards to Aswan for an overnight stay.
DAY 4 ASWAN
Visit the High Dam and the Temple of Philae. In the afternoon enjoy a felucca sail on the Nile. Overnight stay in Aswan.
DAY 5 ASWAN
Spend this morning at leisure or embark on an optional excursion (extra cost) to Abu Simbel by air, where a 30 minute flight transports you to this fascinating archaeological site on the banks of Lake Nasser.
DAY 6 ASWAN to ESNA
This morning sail to Kom Ombo, through Edfu and overnight at Esna.
DAY 7 ESNA to LUXOR
Sail to Luxor, passing through Esna lock. Visit the temples of Karnak – known as Ipet-isut (most selected/sacred of places) – and the temples of Luxor. Overnight Luxor.
DAY 8 LUXOR
Transfer to the airport for your onward journey.
CAIRO (PRE TOUR)
Begin your Egypt experience with three nights in Cairo, allowing you time for optional excursions to marvel at the Pyramids of Giza and the magnificent Egyptian Museum. Spend three nights at the Movenpick Cairo in a Standard room.
Why not choose to extend your stay on the Red Sea in Hurghada, staying at the Hurghada Marriott in a Standard room for seven nights.
Need to Know
- Guide – Aboard MS Hamees you will be accompanied by a local English speaking tour guide/Egyptologist. Extensions are not escorted but assistance is provided in each destination by our local representatives.
- Meal Plan – Prices include breakfast, lunch and dinner aboard the MS Hamees.
- Accommodation – MS Hamees has a restaurant serving international cuisine, lounge, bar, reading room, gift shop and swimming pool with sun deck. Each of its 70 double cabins is equipped with two twin beds or one kingsize bed, private bathroom with bath tub, air-conditioning, minibar and flat-screen television. Standard Cabins are located on the lower or main decks. Superior Cabins are on the upper and top decks. All cabins are with large panoramic windows except the lower deck cabins (which have 2 sealed marine windows with tempered glass).